11.09.2010

With skating

With skating, I felt powerful. Knowing and feeling the power underneath the two blades made me so happy. I could do whatever I wanted with just a small turn of my skate or a hop. It was wonderful. I was confident with what I could do.
With skating, I could skate anything away. If I was having a bad day, I wouldn't want to skate, but I did and I always felt better. I was happy. I could dig my toepicks into the ice with a jump or spin as fast as I could where I couldn't think anymore. If I was happy, I would skate with everything I had. Those were the best days. The days I wasn't lazy. I could actually do everything.
With skating, I didn't have to worry about others bringing me down with my competitions. Sounds conceited. I know. But I've never been a team player. I am too competitive. It was perfect.
With skating, everything changed. So many people left. The rink was a different place taken over by the small children with big skating egos. I truly didn't like the rink. My coach of four years left. It broke my heart. I cried when I saw her again. She lit up my life.
With skating, I've never regretted losing something so much. It was my passion. Almost my life. Not anything like the movie skaters, but my life nonetheless.
With skating, I've never cried or thought about anything so much. I've never needed to do something so badly.
Now it's time to stop whining and do something about it. I will skate again, and it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment