3.09.2010

Smile though your heart is aching. :)

Th song Smile. Sang by a multiple artists. There's something about it that is bothering me. I don't understand what it is though. It could be the way I'm looking at it. From one point of view, it's telling you to hide your emotions. From another, it's saying don't give up.

Point of view 1:
Hide your emotions. (I have a problem with this sometimes. I'm pretty good at it, too.)
Don't tell people what's going on.
Put on a mask.
Crying is for babies. (That's a little extreme, but whatever. :P)

Sometimes, I tend to hide my emotions. I'm good at it, unfortunately. At times, I wish people would notice. I need to just vent or cry or do something, but I don't. I don't have the courage. I feel like I need to be strong all the time. At this moment, nothing is really bothering me (besides the song) in the way that I want to scream and cry. Crying can be refreshing. It could be over a stain on the carpet or a family member dying. Either way, if you need to, do it. I dare you.

Point of view 2:
Don't give up.
It's not worth it.
You can get through anything.
Don't be afraid.
It will be over soon.

I see this as a troubled time, like a depression or a break up or or a job loss. "No boy is worth crying for, and the one who is won't make you cry." I just had to add that. In this view, it's a great song with an uplifting spirit. It says, "You can do it. Everything's going to be alright." This view makes me like it. :)
That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment