3.13.2010

Thoughts... DOTS.

The other day I got to thinking about everything. Life. Changes. Past. Present.
We're growing up. Seriously. All my friends that I've known forever have change so much. In good and bad ways, to be honest. I've changed too. I'm not just ragging on everyone. But really, In fourth grade, I never would have imagined my life like this. Going to victory. Having a niece. Being the slightest bit rebellious. Having a boyfriend. Breaking up with that boyfriend. Having new best friends that will, hopefully, last forever. Losing friends along the way. Making more friends.
I've made more friends at Bixby just this school year than all the people I know at victory in the three years I've been there. Some of these people include Catherine, Jordan, Davis (I knew of him, but became friend), Brittney, Alex, Dani, Caboose, Kyle, and Alicia (I knew her and Kyle, too).
The biggest changes I've seen have happened between summer and now. Wow. Lots of change.
We're growing up. It needs to stop. Rachel's in driver's ed. Liz is getting a job. Emily is driving. Man, it's all so weird. Lexie and I will be in driver's ed this summer AND hopefully working at Loughridge. This is a lot to take in.
I used to want to grow up. Now, I just want things to slow down. Yes, I'm excited to drive and get a job, but it's weird. You know?
Take it all in. That's what I'm going to do. I will savor it all.

3 comments:

  1. Being older is something you always want but when you get there You just wish you could go back you know? You should always cherish the present and appreciate all you have around you. You never know when it will be gone. But you gotta look to the future while still living in the present. If you get what I'm saying? hah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but you're old enough to make your own decisions now... You're a pokemon trainer! :D

    ReplyDelete